How to Choose the Best SEO Company?
If your current SEO company is not delivering traffic or your looking for a good SEO Company, by all means read on and avoid poor search engine optimisation (SEO) results.
To be perfectly honest, the SEO industry has a reputation problem, and a common complaint I hear from many new clients is...
“I’m disappointed with my previous SEO company and the poor results”.
Its a bad rap for the SEO industry, but I want to help businesses understand what to look out for when choosing the best SEO company.
Below are my personal experiences gained over the past 12 years from working on SEO issues or hearing stories from other business people.
Reading this article will help you prevent getting left behind, by gaining an understanding of what deliverables your SEO company should have carried out.
There are many complex reasons why bad SEO occurs but the main intention here is to help you recognise familiar symptoms of poor SEO implementation.
Introducing The Ugly SEO Company
Putting it simply, the Ugly SEO company is either one of two types of operators:
- shonky or
- lacks commercial experience
Many good SEO specialists will agree, there are many SEO companies taking advantage of a clients lack of SEO knowledge. You guessed it, I have very little time for shonky SEO operators.
Here’s how I can easily prove to anyone that your SEO company is ripping you off. It’s basically a matter of what they are doing on page and off page. Let’s take a closer look…
After a 3 month duration your SEO company should have completed these 5 basic technical SEO tasks:
- Meta titles tags and meta description tags updated and relate to your page content.
- Provided keyword research and made changes to your keywords and content.
- Set up Google Analytics or Google Search Console.
- Eliminated duplicate content and updated HTTP to HTTPS.
- Provided monthly reporting on the current situation, progress and recommendations.
Food For Thought!
What you see above is a partial list, but as you can imagine, there are approximately 200 SEO factors to consider. A good SEO company should also have the ability to provide the following:
- Google My Business,
- Google Ads
- Social Media
- Structured data
- User experience recommendations
- Recommendations on how to build your online business
Don’t risk losing traffic from fatal SEO errors! A common error in all Ugly SEO work is toxic backlinks…if you have toxic backlinks your website will receive a red flag penalty and cost you money to remove them.
Think about what I am explaining here as—critical to your business—in other words, if you’re hoping to gain new business generated from your website you need to know why your not getting traffic!
Most importantly, if you cannot detect whether any of the above are partially or fully completed, you must follow up with your vendor.
Fortunately, a good SEO company will provide a detailed Website Audit and help you understand what’s necessary to achieve high quality SEO. Get a complimentary Website Audit now…contact us and I’ll send you complimentary website audit ASAP
The Bad SEO Company
Am I claiming too much so far? I don’t think so and to expose more unfair tactics a, common concern is the classic…Drag the SEO project duration out. Let me show you how this works!
If your SEO company is taking over 3 months to attend to basic SEO factors, they could be dragging the time out beyond a reasonable duration.
Below are 5 warning signs you need to look out for…bearing in mind, the Bad SEO company does have experience and knows how to delay the project. Below is a list of concerns you may recognise:
- End of month reporting shows very slow results especially if you’re under contract for longer than 6 months.
- A lot of technical jargon that you don’t understand and the vendor is vague about what it all means.
- The content is never up to standard the grammar, spelling, tone of voice and native language is poor.
- You paying a high cost but you cannot see where the money is being allocated to.
- The company won’t provide face to face contact and doesn’t reply to your concerns in a timely manner.
As a result, your investment and what you signed up for is not measuring up to your expectations, due to a lack of communication, feedback and results.
What Does a Good SEO Company Deliver?
Answer…a positive return on investment. If you have scrolled down this far then congratulations, because your learning a valuable lesson in SEO deliverables for your company.
Firstly and understandably, your greatest concern is project completion that is aligned to your expectations, getting value for money and a return on investment.
Despite what you may have heard a good SEO company will have a track record of 4 to 5 years experience in SEO and will also have the following set of skills behind them:
- Copywriting/content marketing
- Basic graphic design skills
- Basic HTML and CSS
- Google Ads certifications
- Analytics certifications
- An understanding of web technologies
- Social media skills
Your SEO company will create a Website Audit to gather detailed research on how your website is performing and plan a strategy needed to index your website.
The quantity of research will depend on the competitive nature of your industry, target market, and online competitors. Below is an example of the 3 main research tasks that need to be established, in order to provide an accurate SEO quote.
- Keyword research
- Competitor Analysis
- The content and current situation of your website.
Your Website Audit and Scope of Work Agreement (SOW).
A Website Audit and Scope of Work Document (SOW) will provide details of what’s required to index your website, including costings and project duration. Your Website Audit and (SOW) will provide the following:
- The website current situation
- Your business objectives
- What work is to be implemented on page and off page
- The start and completion dates and duration of the project
- A payment schedule
- An attached costing itemised at each stage of the project
- The scope of work document will have terms and conditions included
Receiving a website audit, customised estimation and scope of work document saves you a great deal of time and money and in the final analysis, its your road map to success.
It Cost Nothing Get Your Website Audit Today!
Rather than simply reading about it—act now and claim you complimentary website audit now?
P.S. Don’t delay and do it now…contact us and I’ll send you complimentary website audit ASAP.